Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday, March 17 ~ Greetings!

My Name is Jeff, and I am a type 1 diabetic.

I went to the doctor for the first time in over a year because of the wonderful health care system we have here in Vermont. In short, I could not afford to go to the doctor because I got a raise at work. (Strange, but true!) I found that if I work less hours, I am again eligible to receive state health benefits. I could go on and on about how wrong I think this is... but I won't... I will just shut up, and play the game.

Anyway, I have decided to start doing what it takes to keep myself healthy, and that obviously will involve some behavior modification. This blog is my attempt to start a regular regiment of testing my blood-glucose levels, and recording them here along with other information that will be helpful in developing a good regiment for keeping my diabetes under control.

Here we go, this the first day of the rest of my life!

No comments: